O's DFA Eveland

TonySoprano

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good! I was afraid the Orioles would insist he stays with the organization and, consequently, push Matusz back to AAA so Eveland could stay on the 25-man roster.

In other news, what does everyone know about Wheeler? His stats look reasonable, but at 25-years old, he doesn't look like an improvement over Antonelli, Ryan Adams, etc.

Zelous+Wheeler+yXRUiPGxwgNm.jpg

Career .271/.371/.408 over 2192 PAs. 43 career homeruns. Good OBP guy, very little power, not a lot of speed.

Spent time at 2B and SS, but is mostly a third baseman. Fielding is nothing to write home about.

Seemed to hit a wall at AA, but did play in AAA for a little bit last year.

I wouldn't get worked up about this, I sincerely doubt he'll be more than a middle IF bench warmer if he gets called up.

Not sure what to make of the Wheeler pickup. With Antonelli and Adams, I'm not sure why having another IF'er on the 40 man makes sense. Does Josh Bell have naked pictures of Duquette?

With Nick Johnson and possibly Paulino needing to go on the 40 man, Bell's days are numbered anyway.

Well the O's probably had too many pitchers on their 40-man anyway, so this evens things out. Duquette seems to be getting whoever is available and decent. If someone better than Wheeler comes along, I'd fully expect him to DFA one of the infielders for that player, you know?

Well, he was clearly available so 1 out of 2 isn't bad :rolleyestf:

Archived